The 4th Annual SME China Forum will take place on 21st September at Celtic Park, Glasgow.
The China Forum is a leading event for SMEs around the UK looking to expand their business in the China market.
In 2015 it attracted 300 participants, including a Chinese delegation led by the Vice Mayor of Ningbo featuring representatives from 30 Chinese companies across a variety of sectors.
Previous forums have been held in Manchester (2013), Birmingham (2014) and Nottingham (2015).
This year will feature 15 speakers, a delegation from Shandong including representatives from 30 Chinese companies, and 6 Business Ambassadors.
As the leading event for UK SMEs looking to expand their business in the China market, attendees will hear from experts on a range of essential insights from: China market entry strategies – effective digital strategy – securing investment from China – intellectual property protection – investment pitching and receive 1-1 business advice.
Attendees will hear from China-savvy business people on a range of essential topics. Sessions include:
- China Market Entry Strategies
- The China Digital Opportunity
- China Outbound – Securing Investment from China
- Royal Mail TMall Ecommerce Workshop
- Intellectual Property Workshop
- SME Investment Pitching Session
- One to One Business Advisory Sessions
More than 250 delegates from the UK and China will learn from the expertise of 19 industry speakers and 6 ‘China business ambassadors’ throughout the day with high-profile guests from the Chinese Embassy, Chinese Government, the Scottish Government and the business community.
Government and Trade Support Speakers include
- Keith Brown MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work, Scottish Government
- Ji Xiangqi, Vice-Governor of Shandong Province
- Jin Xu, Minister Counsellor of the Economic and Commercial Office, Chinese Embassy
- Paul Lewis, Managing Director SDI & International Operations
- Jeff Astle, Executive Director in China, China-Britain Business Council
- Natalie McGarry MP, Glasgow East Constituency
Company Speakers include:
- Sir Tom Troubridge, Chairman, China Business Group, PwC
- Harry Phillips, Chairman, Holmes Miller
- Craig Thomson, Director – Patents, Murgitroyd
- Gordon Kaye, Head of Business Development, Celtic Football Club
- Rachel Jones, Managing Director, Totseat
- Jasmine Chambers, Director of eCommerce – China, Royal Mail
- David Wright, Director, Turquoise International
- Domenica Di Lieto, Managing Director, Emerging Communications